Good use of camouflage in this murderous ambush!

Share:
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Reddit
  • Tumblr

Comments No Comments »

With all the hot weather we’ve been experiencing in the U.K. lately, I have had to go out most nights with the hose to stop the Missus’ plants from perishing.  I noticed Superhydrophobicity at work on the Bulrush leaves so I went out today to macro the effect.  Wasn’t expecting my little mate to be there as well.  I am always amazed at the length of the antennae on these little beauties.

Share:
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Reddit
  • Tumblr

Comments No Comments »

Share:
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Reddit
  • Tumblr

Comments No Comments »

Never had so many flowers on this Cactus at the same time before – so just in case it’s thinking of pegging out – here’s some piccies.

Share:
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Reddit
  • Tumblr

Comments No Comments »

A freshly opened Poppy, and a very tiny solitary Bee that only seems to go on these flowers on a Copper coloured leaf tree.  Those flowers are about 4mm across for scale.

Share:
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Reddit
  • Tumblr

Comments No Comments »

Share:
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Reddit
  • Tumblr

Comments No Comments »

Rigid.Ink will be taking a number of my 3D prints to a Birmingham exhibition later this year.  As I didn’t want to send them my original Mandelbulb they kindly gave me a spool of Gold/Bronze PLA to print out a backup.

Share:
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Reddit
  • Tumblr

Comments No Comments »

I have removed most of the support material from the Mandelbulb, but now have several thousand fine hairs to trim off – but these images give you the basic idea.

Share:
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Reddit
  • Tumblr

Comments No Comments »

Hot off the Anet A6 3D printer. A Mandelbulb emerges from the Matrix. This is a 165mm diameter Mandelbulb in Rigid.Ink Gold/Bronze PLA at 0.2mm resolution and 30% infill. 91-hours and 19-minutes to print. Probably another 100-hours to remove all the supports. Approximate weight 800 gram.

Share:
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Reddit
  • Tumblr

Comments No Comments »

I had a little break from the 3D printing over the Christmas period, but bought 3 reels of Rigid.Ink PLA a couple of days back to get some more work done.

First off the printer was a “Cusp Catastrophe” in Rigid.Ink Gold/Bronze PLA.  This mathematical object has been printed out for an American Mathematics Lecturer friend of mine to use in his teaching.

Other images show Moai in Natural, Gold/Bronze. White, Trans Blue and Black PLA.

Finally, as I had the camera out, there is a pic of all my prints up to date (except for Alexa top left and the Egyptian Cat Bookend top right).

Share:
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Reddit
  • Tumblr

Comments No Comments »